FOR ATTORNEYS & TRUSTEES
Approximately, one-half of the assets managed by the firm are held in trusts. Of those trusts, a significant portion are managed for attorneys who serve as trustees to family beneficiaries. Retaining Laidlaw Group allows attorneys and trustees to outsource the management of their trusts to an experienced investment manager so that those trustees have more time to interface with their beneficiaries and clients to solve their issues.
Laidlaw Group provides the following services:
Assessment/Asset Allocation: Laidlaw Group works with trustees to understand the financial circumstances of beneficiaries and the amount of growth or income that the trust should provide. Once these cirucumstances are understood, Laidlaw Group will determine an appropriate asset allocation between risky assets and safer securities.
Investment Management: Laidlaw Group specializes in managing portfolios that preserve clients’ wealth in down markets and provide steady streams of cash flows to beneficiaries. Laidlaw Group will:
- Manage portfolios consisting of individual domestic and international stocks selected through fundamental security analysis
- Manage fixed-income portfolios consisting of ETFs
- Reduce realized taxable gains through efficient tax-loss harvesting
Communication: Partnering with Laidlaw Group allows Trustees to have direct access to the investment specialists that are actually managing their client assets. The firm will:
- Provide detailed reporting on the portfolios under management
- Allow access to Laidlaw Group’s independent research on portfolio holdings
- Encourage communication with the CFAs managing the accounts
Corporate Trustee/National Advisors Trust: Laidlaw Group is shareholder of National Advisors Trust Company, which may serve as a corporate trustee to clients.
- National Charter: National Advisors Trust has a National Charter through the Controller of the Currency and offers trust services in all 50 states.
- Trusts Offered include Revocable, Irrevocable, Charitable, Life Insurance (ILITs) Special Needs, QTIP, Generation Skipping, Bypass, Marital and Dynasty Trusts.
- Administration: National Advisors has the expertise to administer trust assets according to the dictates of the governing document. The company also provides detailed recordkeeping and tax information